[nycphp-talk] About Formalizing an Enterprise PHP and the PHP+Developer

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Tue Apr 22 13:16:21 EDT 2008

You know, not being able to go forward with a plan/concept/task because
"well, you know, all of the things that need to be in place for
perfection are not in a perfect state" and so therefore we do nothing,
is not how inspiring, new, bold work gets done.

Most businesses/new processes brought about through fresh initiative are
just brought together as best as can be done right now while the iron is
hot and perfection is a state that is usually never achieved or at best
we just keep striving for it in process and product.

I'm not saying I've got the answer. I'm not saying Zend is the only
answer. But I think the lack of knowable skill measurement hampers the
growth and respect of this PHP business, hampers and hinders fluid
hiring and keeps a large segment of programmers stagnated with no known
career route/objective to strive for.

I'd rather go to any business interview being able to say "yes, I took
the cert and passed" than not.

Peter