[nycphp-talk] Greetings

Nate Abele nate at cakephp.org
Tue Apr 22 14:15:42 EDT 2008

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:09:25 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net>
> Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] Greetings
> To: NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>
>
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Erik Schoster wrote:
>
>> I can attest to symfony.  As someone who forced themselves to shirk
>> frameworks while I learned PHP, I do enjoy a good framework.  Symfony
>> has impressed me recently.
>
> We're in good company (<cough>Yahoo</cough>).

Heh, well, Yahoo! also uses CakePHP for quite a few internal apps as
well.  Mozilla uses Cake for many apps both internal and public-facing
(http://addons.mozilla.org), Mambo is doing a from-scratch rewrite of
the new version of their CMS in Cake 1.2.  Cake is also used
extensively inside the UN, MIT, Yale, Panasonic, and CERN.  Oh, and
BBN Technologies, the company that invented ARPANET and the use of the
@ symbol for addressing email had their site done in Cake as well.

I could probably continue, but I think you get the idea. ;-)

Anyhoo, just my two pennies.

- Nate