[nycphp-talk] About Formalizing an Enterprise PHP and the PHP+ Developer

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz at altzman.com
Wed Apr 23 13:49:42 EDT 2008

on 2008-04-23 13:16 tedd said the following:
> However, the problem as I see is two-fold:
> 1. What's required to become certified (obvious);

Not so obvious; the various flavors of BSD unix have a large volunteer
community going for BSD Unix certification, and they've only now
starting to come together to actually HAVE a certification exam.

> 2. What are the qualifications of the governing body and its industry's
> support (not so obvious).

The latter is less important than the former; obviously if you've got
Nobel winners on your committee it's easier to get backing, but you can
do without them.

> First, we need to establish a charter and solicit member participation.
> Then with numbers comes the authority to establish acceptable and proper
> criteria for certification.

Should take you about 2 years, judging by BSDCert's progress.

> tedd

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman        jbaltz at altzman.com     www.jbaltz.com
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.