[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion vs PHP (Ruby, Perl....)

Webmaster consult at covenantedesign.com
Fri Apr 25 15:52:37 EDT 2008

David,

Technically no. I've found it well summarized like this, Coldfusion is a
developers tool, when used as Coldfusion, but when used as Java, it's an
engineer's tool. Although I also say, Coldfusion is for Developers and
PHP is for programmers. =D

In some sense I would see benefits, one being that you can customize the
actual core by deploying your own Java.
Blue dragon is what I usually recommend for those who are shy to the
high price tag of CF.

(And it would be JRun, Because Tomcat won't do the trick  =P)

-Ed