[nycphp-talk] PHP Bcc Headers

bzcoder bzcoder at bzcode.com
Mon Aug 4 14:55:54 EDT 2008

(Margaret) Michele Waldman wrote:

> I call a mail function with bcc and from in the header.
>
> It worked fine on my development server, but when I copied the code to
> production, the headers stopped working.

> Does anyone know if there’s something that has to be set in the
> environment for headers to work?

It all depends on how your PHP mail server configuration and your mail
server itself is configured. There are a lot of variables there that
makes life difficult when using the built in mail() function.

I highly recommend that, unless your like me and love to twiddle with
your email server configuration to get things working 'just so', that
you use either SwiftMailer, http://www.swiftmailer.org/ or PHPMailer
http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/index.php?pg=phpmailer

Configure them to connect to your SMTP server using your user account
and password for authenticated email and let them handle all the issues.