[nycphp-talk] [OT] SEO and Meta Data, Pt. 2

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:40:41 EDT 2008

Match your target search query, use a dash/hyphen  as a separator if you
must, and avoid more than a few to avoid looking spammy.

Again, attempting to keyword stuff your title elements a low-impact SEO
technique at best for most markets. Is that example you gave "in bad
form" ? Google says "Make sure that your TITLE tags and ALT attributes
are descriptive and accurate."
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769

That said, there are optimal ways to craft title elements, and they are
tied to specific strategies for publishing content on web sites seeking
search engine referrals. No, I won't list them. I don't know your strategy.

Happily submitted......

john andrews
SEO and competitive web consultant in Seattle
blogging on issues of Competitive Webmastering at www.johnon.com

Peter Sawczynec ps-at-sun-code.com |nyphp MAIN ONE dev/internal group