[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Wed Aug 13 13:26:31 EDT 2008

Can anyone recommend an open source CMS (or possibly commercial if
worthwhile) that works natively on php5 (e_strict)and MySQL 5
(strict).  I need it to install easily on Win32 and Linux.  And the
ability to handle multiple domains with a single installation would be
great as well.

This morning I've installed Expression Engine.  Failed Miserably
(doesn't like mysql strict mode - when i worked around it, i get a
blank screen on the installation script).

Then I installed Joomla and I get strict warnings EVERYWHERE.

Then I tried Cake, which seems to be more of a framework than a cms.
Cake's not happy with p5 strict and their developers feel you deserve
the middle finger if you think otherwise.  Ok, they're not that harsh,
but it's still not happening any time today.
https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/4163

I tried Drupal for a project last year and I'm just plain not a fan.

I usually build custom CMS's for my clients, but this client
specifically wants something readily available and widely used.  Thus
far I can't get anything to Just Work, which makes it rather hard to
recommend anything at all.  Sure I could grab any one of these and
php5-strictify it within a day, but isn't that contrary to the point
of using something that's already built?

Thanks!

Mark