[nycphp-talk] calculating state taxes?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Thu Aug 14 07:18:11 EDT 2008

sbeam wrote:
> such is the genius of the NY legislature - business has left the state, and
> residents have one more reason to move to NJ, CT or VT (or NH, in my case :).
> By increasing tax revenue they decreased it. They are apparently hoping 49

CT?? I moved from CT to NY and stuff is way cheaper here. Gas is cheaper, food
is cheaper, and especially beer is cheaper...and sold on sundays...and sold in
pharmacies (very convenient when picking up the liver pills). Just look at the
sales taxes charged in the EU. The lower end is around 18%. Income taxes are
higher in Europe as well. But in exchange they got streets rather than a
series of potholes and people have health insurance. You get what you pay for
and sometimes less.

David