[nycphp-talk] FirePHP

bzcoder bzcoder at bzcode.com
Thu Aug 14 10:40:33 EDT 2008

I was wondering if anyone else has been using FirePHP?  I find it great
for inherited websites where I need to troubleshoot problems on live
servers, as I can have all the debug/variable dump/etc crap dump to the
FirePHP console so it doesn't show up on the website while I'm trying to
track down a problem and the budget is not there to make a dev copy of
the system[they need an in and out fix, 4 hours tops]

Originally I felt it was somewhat of a waste, since you can use
debugging tools much more easily, but when I don't always have the
luxury of working with a server that gives me debug capabilities, it
seems a great solution for low end work.

http://www.firephp.org/

I'm wondering if anyone has any other thoughts on low end debugging
tricks that might be easier/better or such - or any thoughts on tricks
to using firephp more robustly.