[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:19:54 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Mark Armendariz <lists at enobrev.com> wrote:

> I've another project that came in disallowing me to take this project,
> so I'll likely be moving on - but I'm still largely surprised by the
> results.  If I had the time to keep a blog, this would likely be a
> very long demonstrative post about the issue, including some eventual
> patches.  Hopefully maybe I still can do that some time soon.

Mark, did they rationalize the MYSQL_STRICT requirement? I did a
little reading up on that (as I'd never heard of it before this
thread) and it seems like an interesting decision to make, as it will
break most INSERT statements where an auto-incrementing field is in
play.

By most, I mean any that uses the old standard INSERT INTO table
VALUES ( value1, valuen ); syntax is used.

You get protection from zero-dates (no more 0000-00-00 00:00:00
values), but is there any other real practical value to running MySQL
in this mode?

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/