[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

bzcoder bzcoder at bzcode.com
Wed Aug 20 14:35:37 EDT 2008

y2rob at aol.com wrote:
> has anyone checked out expression engine.  there is a base free
> version and if you want modules, there's a small licensing fee; it
> seems pretty cool though.

Just to clarify:
There is a free version that allows you to develop for/play with the
system, but not use it in any meaningful[ie commercial] way.

For a commercial license you have to pay $250.

Than you can also buy additional modules for the system.

My experience with systems marketed like this is that there is a low
level of community help, with most developers refraining from offering
advice unless paid to do so.

It's odd, but I find in the pure open source and pure commercial markets
there is more openness and give and take than in pseodo open source ones.