[nycphp-talk] preventing randomized session variable from changing when page is refreshed

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Wed Aug 20 17:36:12 EDT 2008

Mike --

$rand=rand(1,9);
$session_id=$rand.substr(md5($REMOTE_ADDR), 0, 11+$rand);
$session_id.=substr(md5(rand(1,1000000)), rand(1,32-$rand), 21-$rand);
session_id($session_id);
session_start();

$_SESSION['sessionid'] = $session_id;

---

What I need is some simple way to prevent this from being called more
than once until they leave the site.  I'm considering the hidden field
thing but wonder if that is more complex than needed.
---
Kristina