[nycphp-talk] Htaccess and php user account

Michele Waldman mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 1 23:38:12 EST 2008

Thanks to your soft, delicate input, I've been doing a little more research.

I was ps -ef on the linux server.  Php appears to be configured into the
server and the process goes down due to misconfiguration, is it not the same
process handling the htaccess?  Does that mean basically all web services
have stopped on the server and not even htaccess would protect it, leaving
the entire server vulnerable?  Or will htaccess still be working?

So, if this is a misconfiguration issue, that means if you don't have a sys
admin, that the programmer needs to learn the configuration and ensure it's
correct on the server?