[nycphp-talk] PHP/Java Bridge

Donald J. Organ IV dorgan at donaldorgan.com
Wed Dec 3 15:47:00 EST 2008

So I am trying to use Apache Lucene to add searching to a site I am working on. And so far I have been able to use the PHP/Java Bridge for this.

http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/

Has anyone used this before??

For the most part I have this working but I am trying to impletement MultiFieldQueryParser but not sure how to pass the fields.  I have tried the following:

$parser = new Java( 'org.apache.lucene.queryParser.MultiFieldQueryParser',array('name','description'),$analyzer );

I have also tried:
$parser = new Java( 'org.apache.lucene.queryParser.MultiFieldQueryParser',"name,description",$analyzer );

AND
$parser = new Java( 'org.apache.lucene.queryParser.MultiFieldQueryParser',"name description",$analyzer );

And I am not getting anything, has anyone done this before??

Thanks,

Donald