[nycphp-talk] Report with line breaks

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Tue Dec 9 10:32:10 EST 2008

Néstor wrote:
> But with PDF can you control page breaks? Page headings?

Yes and Yes.

> Is there a default number of lines per page?

Determined by font size, line height and page size.

> When printing a cell in a table is there a way to tell how many lines
> printing a cell will take
> because a cell can be 1 line or many.

This is a bitch.  FPDF can do this, but it becomes damn near impossible
if you have more than one such entry in a row.  I put a lot of effort
into it and finally decided it only works if there is one multi-line
value and it is at the *end* of the line.

> I have create a report but the managers do not want part of a table
> record in one page
> and part on another page

Also tough.

> Thanks,
>
> Nestor :-)
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Kenneth Downs <ken at secdat.com
> <mailto:ken at secdat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Néstor wrote:
>>     When creating a report how do you guys handle line breaks?
>>     When printing a  table text table cell how do you do so that part of
>>     text is not on one page and part on another?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>
>     Have you tried fpdf (fpdf.org <http://fpdf.org>) to make things in
>     PDF format?
>
>     I tried making HTML reports a few years ago and concluded the
>     support is simply not there to make it worthwhile, and went PDF
>     instead.
>

>>     Nestor:-)
>

>     --
>     Kenneth Downs