[nycphp-talk] Ajax UI, where to display a detailed view of a record

Steve Manes smanes at magpie.com
Tue Dec 9 16:31:28 EST 2008

David Mintz wrote:
> Just wondering how you folks approach this not-uncommon problem in the
> age of Web 2.0

A client had a similar requirement so so I built him something like this:

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=All

My stuff runs on a protected server but you get the general idea.  You
can do it a couple of ways, either by stuffing the extra data in a
hidden DIV when you generate the results table or by making an Ajax call
to populate the DIV when you make the display:none -> display:block call.