[nycphp-talk] security & google ajax lib (was: Ajax UI...)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Dec 10 11:25:32 EST 2008

Hi Greg:

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 05:46:24PM -0500, Greg Rundlett wrote:

> Using multiple libraries got you down?
> With the Google AJAX Libraries API, it
> makes it easy to use libraries without actually installing and
> maintaining the
> library infrastructure locally

Interesting.  I'm wondering what the security implications of this are.

Also there's the issue of giving Google even more data about browsing
habits.

Finally, there are folks like myself that use Firefox's No Script add on
that allows me to limit which domains can load JavaScript in my browser.
I tend to not allow sites other than the one I'm looking at to run JS.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/