[nycphp-talk] html 5

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Feb 1 11:24:14 EST 2008

Hi Folks:

A new version of HTML is being proposed.  Here are the changes
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-html5-diff-20080122/.  Here are some
highlights.

* There are "section" elements and they can have "header" and "footer"
elements.
* There's a "nav" element.
* New "type"'s for "input" such as "datetime" and "url".
* A "type" element can be set to "autofocus".
* Form elements can be associated with more than one form.
* "script" elements can now be "async".
* Frames are gone.
* Many stylistic attributes are being yanked in favor of CSS like
"align", "border", etc.

One major thing I like is being removed: accesskey.  This allows me (and
other users, I suppose) to keyboard navigate through web pages and forms.
I also see "summary" and "abbr" is being pulled from table related
elements.  Perhpas these are being replaced with some other elements or
attributes, but I didn't notice such in my quick look over the working
draft.

Enjoy,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/