[nycphp-talk] Addcslashes bug

Matteo Rinaudo matteo.rinaudo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:27:57 EST 2008

> addcslashes failed to put a slash in front of a single quote. Can anyone
> imagine how this could happen? Is it possible it didn't catch a multi-byte
> character? Am I back to charset issues?

I would guess: was the single quote something different than the
standard single quote, like a very similar symbol but with an ASCII
code greater than 127 that wouldn't be caught in the character range
you specified for addcslashes() ?
Were some inputs coming from some documents edited with word
processors where you would have used this kind of characters?

Matteo Rinaudo