[nycphp-talk] Thank you NYPhP -- Kerbeaz launches!

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Thu Feb 14 12:33:10 EST 2008

NYPhP:

I have been holding off on this, waiting until things are ³perfect², but
finally realized that could be an eternity. So...

Kerbeaz went live on Monday. I thought the hard part was behind me, but now
the true adventure begins ‹ building traffic.

Check out the site. Try creating a task as a performer or sponsor. Would
love to receive any and all feedback ‹ don¹t be shy; don¹t hold back! Based
on the few users that have tried it so far, I have a laundry list of things
to do, ranging from a new splash page, to more merchandise (of course), to
bug fixes, new features, etc. The kids are the easy ones ‹ walking my father
through it was pure torture:

Dad: ³I never received a confirmation email after registering²
Me:   ³Duh, you registered using Mom¹s email²
Dad: ³How come Abby never responded?
Me:  ³You misspelled her email address²
Me:  ³Why did you make the reward 1 point? That¹s one penny. What were you
thinking?²

Targeting seniors ‹ what was I thinking?

Most importantly....

Thank you NYPhP. If you hadn¹t noticed, I ask a question or two...now Œn
then....  There is no way I could have accomplished this without your
support. Everyone makes a big deal about open source. Well, the reality is
it¹s not open source that matters, it¹s the community support that is the
backbone of open source. The level of sharing and support is truly
inspirational. I¹d love to repay whoever I can. Next time I¹m in NY, the
beers are on me. And if any of you plan to visit Boston for Drupalcon, to
heckle us over the upset (we all know what that refers to now ‹ right. No
need to further rub it in), or for any other reason, please look me up.

Many thanks,
Cliff