[nycphp-talk] javascript calling php function

Susan Shemin susan_shemin at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 05:23:24 EST 2008

I want to use javascript onclick to call a php function.  This code works, but puts a "done, with errors" in the status line in the file when loaded, which I do not want.  (I've done some error testing and isolation, and found the onclick is what is causing the "errors" message.)  Any ideas -- or other ways to do it?

onclick="<?php here_it_is(); ?>";

Also, I tried onclick=""; to make sure that it's the "embedded" php code that's the culprit, thinking that maybe javascript is reading the php code as nothing inside the quotes.

Susan