[nycphp-talk] Charsets are still driving me nuts

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Tue Feb 26 17:46:15 EST 2008

I have been validating textareas using ctype_print; however, I am starting
to get user errors. It¹s amazing how many people cut and paste from MS Word.
So what appears to be simple text and a reasonably valid string actually
contains stuff that ctype_print does not like.

Does anyone use this function? Any better ideas for validating general text
areas? Just use the php filter function sanitizing control characters? Other
ideas for validation and dealing with cut Œn paste user input?