[nycphp-talk] Editing a PDF

Aaron Fischer afischer at email.smith.edu
Thu Jan 3 14:07:52 EST 2008

I use FPDF and FPDI to import existing PDFs and modify them.  However,
I agree it's probably not in the sense that you are referring to them
Tedd.  Basically it brings the PDF in as a template and then you can
write to it, images or text for example.

Everything I have done has involved writing text on an imported PDF
template.  Works great for that.  Haven't tried to do anything like
edit existing text, etc.  Not sure if or how that would work with
those packages.  I too found that PDF appeared to be fairly
complicated in terms of modifying and working with those files.  The
FPDF/FPDI packages allowed me to accomplish what I needed so I haven't
had to go deeper.

-A