[nycphp-talk] Another Apostrophe-related issue

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Tue Jan 8 22:42:50 EST 2008

I'm having yet another apostrophe-related issue.  It seems that the
slashes are being added automatically by the HTML form and inserted
into the database on save.  Magic quotes is on (get_magic_quotes_gpc
(); returns 1) and I have removed any addslashes() functions from my
code.

The slashes seem to be spawning, i.e. the first round after
entering 's and saving, I get back /'s in the text box, the next
round ///'s, etc.

Soon enough I have a text box full of ////////////////////////////////

Apparently I'm missing something here....

Thanks, Kristina.