[nycphp-talk] Namespaces

Jake McGraw jmcgraw1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:29:00 EST 2008

UDDI is trying to do the same thing (with limited success, I've only
looked at their Web Services registration)... check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Description_Discovery_and_Integration

Additionally, if you'd like to release software that won't have a
namespace conflict, purchase a domain and use it as the opening
namespace for all you software, ala:

As an example, if I own www.jakemcgraw.com, I release software under
the namespace:

com.jakemcgraw.*
com.jakemcgraw.SuperDatabaseDriver.ConnectionClass

- jake