[nycphp-talk] Emails not being received when using mail()

B.A.S. lists at nopersonal.info
Mon Jan 14 18:02:48 EST 2008

Ben Sgro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Out the box, PHPMailer works pretty good. I know there is a bug in the
> install I used where you have to explicitly
> set the language variable or else it doesn't work.
>
> I'd suggest further debugging your current situation before switching to
> PHPMailer.
>
> - Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the bug warning.

I've only been programming PHP in earnest for a little under a year, so
I'm not entirely sure what else I should be looking for when I attempt
to debug.

I've tried setting "Return-path" and "Reply-to" headers, but that
doesn't help. The emails are received on some servers, but not on
others--i.e. on one of my accounts they come through fine, but on
another (hosted elsewhere) they don't. Ditto when I try mailing to
GMail, Hotmail and Verizon accounts--they don't even make it to the spam
folder.

Bev