[nycphp-talk] xls output: localhost works, www doesn't

Rick Retzko rick at click-rick.net
Mon Jan 14 20:17:00 EST 2008

Hi all - Hopefully one of you have seen this and can quickly point me to the
error of my ways.

I need to output small files from mysql database to the user via excel
files. I'm using the following class to do this:

private function output_file(){
		//output the file to the user
		header("Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel;
name='excel'");
		header("Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename={$this->_file_name}");
		header("Pragma: no-cache");
		header("Expires:0");
		echo "{$this->_export_string}";
		exit();
	}

This works perfectly on localhost, but when I move it to my www site, it
outputs the data onto the screen.

I've tried using "header('Content-Type: application/octet-stream');" as
well, with the same results.

All help is appreciated!

Best Regards -

Rick