[nycphp-talk] Can PHP be wraqpped around HTML??

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 15:56:05 EST 2008

This might seem quite trivial or rather silly; But it is causing me absolute
havoc. However, each time I update a MySQL record I set an "update
indicator" on, the idea being, So as not to update the record more than
once.
I am trying to wrap PHP coding around HTML coding and not the usual other
way around. the question is, is it possible?? If so, what am I doing wrong?

here is what I want to do, If update_ind != "u"  submit update

<?PHP
 if (update_ind !=  "u")
    { <TD><a href="#" onclick="window.print()"><BUTTON>Print
</BUTTON></a><input value="UPDATE" type="submit"></TD>; }
?>

Thanks

Paul