[nycphp-talk] Re: xls output: -- from talk Digest, Vol 15, Issue 31

Julia Sheehy jusheehy at vassar.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:32:44 EST 2008

Dear Rick,

Adrian's suggestion is a good one.  I had this problem in a project (my
first) summer before last.
Just in case it would help,  this is what worked for me:

header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename={$this->_file_name}");

header("Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name='excel'");

header('Pragma: private');

header('Cache-control: private, must-revalidate');

header("Expires: 0");

Message: 8 Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:18:07 -0500 From: "Adrian Noland"
<anoland at indigente.net> Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] xls output: localhost
works, www doesn't To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at lists.nyphp.org> Message-ID:
<1d8a0e930801150518t35d76f4bg92522f9b8e12f418 at mail.gmail.com>
sending the header. That way you make sure there are no extra LF/CR in