[nycphp-talk] MySQL bought by SUN.

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:01:44 EST 2008

> Pretty interesting stuff... OpenSolaris/MySQL could be a powerful duo -
> in addition, of course, to the existing de-facto Solaris/Oracle duo.

I think this is more about attaching a brand like Sun to the MySQL
database rather than trying to create a better Solaris MySQL stack.
"MySQL from Sun" has more credibility with enterprise customers than
"MySQL from MySQL AB".  It should be good news for LAMP developers,
because it will lead to more acceptance of MySQL in the enterprise
which increases demand for LAMP coders.   The best news here is that
we no longer have to worry about Oracle buying MySQL.

Regards,
John Campbell