[nycphp-talk] Templating engines

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Fri Jan 18 13:16:28 EST 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Anirudh Zala wrote:

> When you move from medium to large scale projects, Symfony starts getting
> restricted. For example there is no native support to handle replication of
> database hence you left stumped that what to do.
>
> Fortunately there is plugin to do so. But it has also it's limitations. It
> supports only 1 master and many slave type of replication. Hence if you need
> to handle multiple masters and slaves then you have no other way except
> modifying that plugin.

Define "large".

We launched two new sites done in sf 6 months ago - no problems so far
(I spent a long time figuring out the caching for most of the modules).

We are also busy redesigning/building pieces of an existing static site
running across a cluster of machines and averaging 2 to 4 million hits per
day.

--
Aj.