[nycphp-talk] Delaying form submit

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Sun Jan 20 22:46:24 EST 2008

Hello Urb,

> This pertains to a CMS but the effect can be seen in PHPmyAdmin.

> If the form is large and someone click on Submit before the form has
> fully downloaded the contents in the unloaded portion are truncated.

I had a similar problem with a long form and through an idea I got
from here was able to use $_REQUEST
to see if the form has been filled in and with what content.

I use a foreach loop to test for badguy content but I think you could
use a similar technique to see if the form fields are populated and
do a data verification test too.

You could add a hidden field with content to the end of the form and
test for the hidden content as well. I think that would tell you the
form was loaded, I think.

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                            mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com