[nycphp-talk] escaping

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Thu Jan 24 14:00:25 EST 2008

> On 1/23/08, Susan Shemin <susan_shemin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is this "escaping" that you guys have been talking about what you
> use to filter acceptable data into textbox form?

The filter functions give you many options for filtering and
validating user input:
http://php.net/filter-var

You should have access to the filter extension.  It gets built by
default in PHP5.2+.

All of the different options for the third parameter are on this page:
http://php.net/filter

Note that they use "SANITIZE" for what we've been calling "filter" --
it's because they have both validation and filtering/sanitizing under
the "filter" umbrella term.