[nycphp-talk] Two part question: Shopping carts & E-commerce

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:02:27 EST 2008

Cliff Hirsch cliff-at-pinestream.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>On 9/17/07 11:09 AM, "Mitch Pirtle" <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I can't believe nobody's mentioned Magento yet:
>>
>>http://www.magentocommerce.com/
>>
>>That's the one I'm taking a very very close look at...
>>

>Not production yet, last time I checked, but looks interesting.

Can anyone in NYPHP land comment on the code behind MagentoCommerce.com
at this point? There is a PR effort pushing that the actual code is
exemplary, Open Source leadership stuff, while some observers are saying
it's already bloated and very slow for a PHP/MySql shopping cart app.
I'm not qualified to say, and I'm not looking for any controversy, but I
would appreciate insight that  helps me understand how much this Open
Source project will be good for implementors vs. good for the for-profit
entity set up to provide support when used in production.

Web publishing has evolved. It's not just competitive, but aggressively competitive. If you don't know that, you're leaving significant profits on the table. If you do know that, aint it fun? --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com