[nycphp-talk] PHP-Related Book

Aaron Greenspan aarong at thinkcomputer.com
Thu Jul 10 20:28:48 EDT 2008

Hello,

I realize this is blatant self-promotion, but hopefully it won't ruin
anyone's day...

In case anyone is interested, I've recently published a book that's
pretty directly related to PHP, as well as issues of  programming,
intellectual property, and computer security and privacy. It's called
"Authoritas: One Student's Harvard Admissions and the Founding of the
Facebook Era," and it talks about the complex and mostly unknown story
of Facebook's birth. As you may know, Facebook is based on PHP and
MySQL, as was houseSYSTEM's Universal Face Book, the site that preceded
it at Harvard.

The book has a site here:

http://www.aarongreenspan.com/authoritas.html

and if you're interested in reading the first few pages, you can on the
Interbook site for it here:

http://www.thinkpress.com/authoritas/index.html

The Interbook site also features the actual documents used to write the
book (which are linked page-by-page) such as e-mails and IMs with Mark
Zuckerberg, Facebook, Inc.'s present CEO, Apache logs, letters to and
from the Harvard administration, etc.

Both sites are written in PHP (of course!) on the Lampshade framework.
If you want, you can buy the book through any of the places listed on
the Order page.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Aaron

Aaron Greenspan
President & CEO
Think Computer Corporation