[nycphp-talk] Returning users from whiniest they came

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 08:34:19 EDT 2008

Hi Chris ,

I genuinely believe that I have a misunderstanding of what the HTTP_REFERER
is all about. I was trying to grab the address just before the user entered
"my" application.

In my INDEX.PHP,  I used an extra script named LOGIN.PHP, where the
HTTP_REFERER was captured.  Then in turn LOGIN.PHP called another script
named LOGON.PHP which picked up the HTTP_REFERER information. which in my
case is the url name of  my INDEX.PHP, Which of course pointed the way into
the application in the first place.

Within the application HTTP_REFERER works just fine. I can see its potential
and some importance possible uses within applications.

I am guessing the way around my problem is to forget the use of HTTP_REFERER
and just put the user back to the login page and let the user press the back
button to let themselves out, or is there a more elegant way to do what I
want??

Cheers - Paul