[nycphp-talk] PHP caching (not opcode)

Patrick May patrick at hexane.org
Fri Jul 18 12:52:54 EDT 2008

Tom,

Perfect caching is indeed what I am after.  Knowing that you work at Y!, I
understand why you need to throw boxes at the problem :)

With anything else, you need to weight whether or not you need it and
> if it is worth the overhead of implementing it.

Definitely.  I want the api to be simple enough to be useful.  The pure
file-based caching is dead simple, and extremely flexible.  The tags-based
system has rewards, but also drawbacks (like the need for the backend to run
php).  I'm trying to get some feedback to find the right balance of
simplicity and features.

It does sound like there is some interest.  I'll get something released, and
we can see if it is useful.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Cheers,

Patrick