[nycphp-talk] CSS problem???

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Jul 27 18:36:20 EDT 2008

At 5:08 PM -0400 7/27/08, John Campbell wrote:
>As a side note, is anyone thinking about abandoning IE6 testing?  My
>numbers on IE6 market share show it is around 20%. (my sites are US
>based and tend to be "consumer" focused).  Apple has dropped support
>for IE6 on their new me.com site.  I feel like once IE6 drops to 10%,
>it will no longer be worth supporting.

I feel your pain, but remember that even Apple has less than 10% and
most of us support Safari. (Granted, it's easier to support).

My figures show IE 6 has about 26 percent of the market and that
figure is dropping about a percent a month. So I plan on supporting
it for probably another two years.

The good side is that I'm pretty familiar with the problems that IE 6
presents and have solutions for them -- so, it's not a big deal for
me.

>How do most people even do IE 6 testing?

I do my testing on BrowserCam -- if it passes there, then I don't
worry about it.

Cheers,

tedd
--