[nycphp-talk] upgrading PHP on CentOS 5 -- or should I?

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Wed Jul 30 15:58:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Edward Potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com>wrote:

> > What would you do?
>
> Well a quick fix is to replace the Scriptaculus Autocompleter with a
> jquery version.
>
> http://plugins.jquery.com/search/node/autocomplete+type%3Aproject_project
>
> Then worry about the upgrade down the road.
>
> :-)  ed

Kind of like, if you don't like your spouse, get divorced and re-marry
someone else. It makes sense but it's a lot of work. (-:

Seriously, my js is now loaded with Prototype-dependent stuff -- hmm just
how similar are the Prototype and JQuery APIs? I will go have a look. Maybe
that divorce/re-marriage wouldn't be so awful...

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness