Fw: [nycphp-talk] readfile() with PDF

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sun Jun 1 18:50:30 EDT 2008

ahh... I see one thing, I should be using attachment rather than
inline...

let me see if that helps :)
------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

Hi Everyone --

I'm almost there with my PDF download application and everything is
working great except that instead of downloading the PDF, it's printing
it out on the screen like so:@8(”µrœ;q®ª7èLöœy¥•&†Qëñq¶4±jž½ç|æ9ÚÄ
V³)gB£0ñiœWו8#©8wÕ©•õ8_Å٥ʨQãüÜ«QÊj@é&»A)/ÇÙgº>'K‚óÈtÕ;\ú”
Ó¥$ÕºF½ZUnÀÜå
˜(4TŒ%)ë«”ƒ0C&¯”阤Z£“i˜¿óœ8¦Úbx‘ƒE¡ÁÁBÑ;

¾øÎ}ø¦y)
7ta¾¾õõõ>j¥ÜÇTÐ7úŸ¿@ï¼ÏÇtÜ›ò`qÊ2™±Ê€™ê&¯®ª6ê etc.

Here is the code that I have right now...something is wrong.  At one
point I got it to give me the file save/download dialogue box but with
the pagename not the filename...

//=======

$filename="333.pdf";
$filesize=filesize($filename);
header("Content-Type: application/pdf");
    header("Content-Length: ".$filesize);
    header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=$filename");
    header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
$file_contents = readfile($filename);
print $file_contents;

//======

-- Kristina