[nycphp-talk] need help about cms design

Steve Manes smanes at magpie.com
Tue Jun 3 12:58:04 EDT 2008

birgunj birgunj wrote:
> i am trying to design and build the cms(content management system) from
> scratch.how to design the database for cms and how to start coding for this.
>
> i need help about this.if anbody has any idea,supporting material
> ,please share with us.

I think your first step is to define what a CMS is, at least for your
purposes, and why the existing open source wheels need to be reinvented
again.  From an ERD perspective, I'd design the data store to be
polymorphic which the application would aggregate as a set of nodes
defining a blog article, a comment, a forum post, etc.