[nycphp-talk] need help about cms design

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Tue Jun 3 16:47:09 EDT 2008

That's exactly what it is - a text editor or data entry application
with edit/publish states.  And determining the data to be displayed on
the front end and designing data entry forms and writing insert strings
is the easy part...the hard part is the edit/preview functionality and
determining the edit states needed and how to design the database to
best handle that.

I inherited a half-finished CMS project and learned A LOT about how to
design it and how NOT to design it -- but I would not recommend that
method to the fainthearted!!

-- Kristina

> CMS is just a term for fancy text editor.  I would check around to
see
> if you can just find an off the shelf product and play with it.
There