[nycphp-talk] need help about cms design

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Tue Jun 3 19:32:02 EDT 2008

anthony wlodarski wrote:
> I would check around to see if you can just find an off the shelf product and play with it.  There is usually no reason to reinvent the wheel unless it is going to outperform your current competitors.

That depends. I am still working on my picture and video viewer and archiving
system. Of course I could have just downloaded one. The goal is to learn
something more than just click a link. I am convinced that my system isn't
winning any awards and it doesn't outperform its competition (although jamming
800 pictures into the system in 5 minutes in one go is sweet), but that wasn't
the point.
So maybe a simple CMS could have a few tables and as input front-end the
FCKEditor and then some code that generates output. But I don't know what the
intentions are of the original poster. It sounded more like "I need a CMS, go
and program one for me, I'm waiting."

David