[nycphp-talk] MSSQL, PDO & Unicode

Ben Sgro ben at projectskyline.com
Thu Jun 5 09:14:38 EDT 2008

Hello Justin,

Yeah, as far as I can tell, Dave is correct. The source I built was for
linux. I don't see if building for windows. (But I haven't tried)

Thanks though for your feedback.

I'm hoping someone can provide some additional help.

This is REAL problem, because we worked hard to get PHP accepted as a
development language for enterprise applications
by our client. And now we are having all these problems.

Its a fact that our client's requirements is that we use SQL-SERVER, and
with Zend And PHP on windows, this is proving
to have many limitations. Its a real shame that Zend hasn't improved the
pdo or offer something other than pdo for windows/linux.

I'm not a windows/ms user, but our clients are.

Anyways, incase anyone wants to know how I've temporarily solved this
problem.

Basetable:
XmlContent
TextContent

TextContent

All my controllers point to my View table. Whenever the TextContent
field is updated, a SQLSERVER trigger is run
that updates the basetable's XmlContent field.

Its kinda hacky, but it works.

- Ben

PS: Its silly that Zend does a SELECT * for fetchAll() and fetchRow().
You should be able to override w/a list of fields (I dont want to write
my own SQL).