[nycphp-talk] PHP $_SESSION

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:32:18 EDT 2008

The php.ini on my RHEL 3/php4.3.2  shows
; PHP 4.2 and less have an undocumented feature/bug that allows you to
; to initialize a session variable in the global scope, albeit
register_globals
; is disabled.  PHP 4.3 and later will warn you, if this feature is used.
; You can disable the feature and the warning seperately. At this time,
; the warning is only displayed, if bug_compat_42 is enabled.

session.bug_compat_42 = 1
session.bug_compat_warn = 0

while my RHEL 5/php 5.1 shows this in the php.ini:
; PHP 4.2 and less have an undocumented feature/bug that allows you to
; to initialize a session variable in the global scope, albeit
register_globals; is disabled.  PHP 4.3 and later will warn you, if this
feature is used.
; You can disable the feature and the warning separately. At this time,
; the warning is only displayed, if bug_compat_42 is enabled.

session.bug_compat_42 = 0
session.bug_compat_warn = 1