[nycphp-talk] amazon aws

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Sun Jun 8 10:59:47 EDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 8:33 AM, David Krings wrote:
> What is interesting is how they provide their articles. Many have
> for the Web2.0 age very bland page layouts and all put the main
> navigation at the top and the more detailed navigation on the right
> and typically go easy on images.

That's definitely a bit of a Web2.0 design trend - present less info
per page, use common/simple layouts to make the page easy to digest,
use large fonts/forms, etc.

I've found that often though when there's numerous people that you
have to please (and you don't have the final say in the matter)... the
original simple intent keeps getting more items added, ads thrown in,
etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case with the NYTimes.
You can see that every single department and partner seems to demand
their little slice of the homepage.

-Rob