[nycphp-talk] Metadata/Attributes in PHP

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:57:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Jon Gilkison <jon.gilkison at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote a class that allows you to do metadata programming in PHP
> (attributes in C#/annotations in Java).  You can fetch the code and the
> post:  http://interfacelab.com/metadataattributes-in-php/
> Sorry for the blog spam, hope people find this useful.
> Best,
> Jon
>
> jon gilkison
> chief technology officer / massify.com

Hey, nice use of reflection to pull the yaml out of the class definitions.

I've been doing a similar thing using json to customize existing
models at runtime, inspired by Kenneth Downs Adromeda Project. I went
with json over yaml in hopes of being able to reuse the model on the
client but haven't gotten around to that yet.

Centralizing and automating this stuff is definitely the way to go.

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/