[nycphp-talk] CakePHP

Brian D. brian at realm3.com
Wed Jun 18 08:31:07 EDT 2008

I'm all for CakePHP - as a developer I use it on about 90% of the
PHP-based projects I work on. It makes developing easier and
maintenance a breeze. Like all things programming, though, it has it's
uses and one can use it in situation where better alternatives exist.

- Brian D.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Tim Lieberman <tim_lists at o2group.com> wrote:
>> Oh, and use the 1.2 branch, even though it's only just now at RC1.
>
> +1 on this one. There are some good improvements in 1.2 that make life
> a lot easier.
>
> If I were to start a project and had to choose a PHP-based MVC
> framework, it would be a dead heat between CakePHP and Symfony.
>
> -- Mitch, ducking under desk and waiting for the "my framework is
> better than yours" battle
>
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

realm3 web applications [realm3.com]
freelance consulting, application development
(917) 512-3594