[nycphp-talk] Disabling browser back button.

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sun Jun 22 13:10:36 EDT 2008

Tedd -- this is very similar to the way you showed me how to use the
boolean 'step' value to exit the error checking loop if no error
conditions were found -- and just as simple to understand and brutally
effective...I love it!

Im this scenario, if the user for whatever reason needed to reload the
page because of a malfunction, they'd need to establish a whole new
session and start over with everything...and presumably pay a second
time to be able to set up another account, which would dissuade them
very effectively.

In the Paypal app I recently built, I had them create an account and/or
log in using their unique email address before they were able to
purchase, and then captured their Paypal transaction ID (tx) upon
redirect, inserted it into a table along with the ID of the product
they had purchased, and authenticated against that for the download.

-- Kristina