[nycphp-talk] Splitting multi-page PDFs

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:57:19 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Allen Shaw <ashaw at polymerdb.org> wrote:

>  My best experience with this has been using convert (imagemagick) to
>  pump them out into individual images.

I kind of like that approach, actually, despite the non-textiness of
it. It give you the ability to display the pages alongside HTML
content such as annotations and message threads.

> I hope something better is suggested in this
> thread -- I'd love to see it.

Minutes after posting this (isn't this always the way?) I found the
pdftoolkit, for which there is already a Debian package:
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

Example command to split a document into pages: pdftk mydoc.pdf burst

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/